Marina del Rey Travel Guide: Find Exciting Things to Do in Marina del Rey
Explore our top ten things to do in Marina del Rey and find our favorite dining spots, exciting water activities, relaxing outdoor activities, chic boutiques for exclusive Marina del Rey shopping and more.
Guide to Exciting Attractions and Events in Marina del Rey
Explore our travel guide and discover exciting attractions, a unique Marina del Rey shopping experience, fine dining with breathtaking views and unique events in Marina del Rey. We are the perfect destination for a fun family vacation, a romantic getaway, a relaxing break or a convenient business trip boasting an ideal location close to LAX and other attractions.
Check out our top 10 things to do in Marina del Rey:
- Explore Burton Chace Park: Boasting stunning views of Marina del Rey and the Marina harbor, this peaceful 10-acre park offers refreshing gazebos, picnic tables, BBQ areas, fishing platforms and a community room. Run along the green paths, enjoy an afternoon picnic or simply relax and enjoy the view.
- Ballona Wetlands Freshwater Marsh: Wander around the Ballona Wetlands, one of the last significant wetland areas in the Los Angeles basin, and discover a breathtaking ecosystem with unique flora and fauna including more than 70 bird species.
- Fisherman's Village: Transport yourself to another time and place in the world's largest man-made small boat harbor, a replica of a New England fishing village. There are several attractions in the Village from waterfront dining to live music concerts and souvenir shops.
- Bike Along The Strand: Boasting a dazzling Pacific backdrop, The Stand is a paved bicycle path that stretches from the Will Rogers State Beach to Torrance County Beach with over 20 miles of waterfront.
- Santa Monica Pier: Visit the legendary Santa Monica Pier only minutes away from Marina del Rey. Explore the amusing rollercoaster rides, grab a bite in one of the fresh seafood restaurants and enjoy a scenic afternoon on the Pier.
- Venice Beach: Walk along the eclectic Venice Boardwalk featuring brilliant performers, diverse street venders and colorful atmosphere, or discover the unique and diverse architecture surrounding the Venice Canals.
- Learn to Sail: Marina del Rey is a perfect spot to learn how to sail with stunning surroundings, ideal weather and soft breezes. There are also numerous sailing classes options in Marina del Rey—just ask our friendly staff.
- Stroll Mother's Beach: Stroll along the soothing Mother's Beach, also known as Marina Beach, boasting peace and quiet spaces perfect for a fun family day on the beach.
- Abbot Kinney Boulevard District: For a memorable Marina del Rey shopping experience make sure to visit Abbot Kinney including trendy boutiques, chic restaurants and cafes and stylish galleries.
- Daytrip to Catalina Island: Visit our Marina waterfront and find numerous options for a day trip to the magical Santa Catalina Island where you can find exciting things to do from diving to dancing.